North East Derbyshire District Council falls under Universal Credit Full Sevice for all postcodes. This means that we cannot accept new claims for Housing Benefit except in certain circumstances (see exceptions below).
You should use this form to claim Council Tax Reduction or Second Adult Rebate if you are liable to pay Council Tax. You should claim Council Tax Reduction from us even if you already get help with rent from Universal Credit.
You can claim help with your rent by claiming Universal Credit from the Department for Work and Pensions. For information about Universal Credit and to check whether you are eligible please visit the DWP website.
Exceptions: You can still make a new Housing Benefit claim for help with your rent costs if:-
- You are the qualifying age for State Pension Credit. If you would like to check your pensionable age please click this link State Pension Age Check OR
- You live in supported/exempt accommodation. This is because your Universal Credit award will not include housing costs. (Your home counts as supported/exempt if it is provided by a Housing Association or Not For Profit Landlord and includes care, support or supervision). OR
- You live in temporary accommodation. This is because your Universal Credit award will not include housing costs. (Your home counts as temporary accommodation if it has been made available to you by the local authority or a registered housing association as a result of you being homeless or to prevent you becoming homeless).
- You have an entitlement to Severe Disability Premium that is being awarded to you within a current entitlement to Jobseekers Allowance (Income Based), Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related) or Income Support. To qualify for a Severe Disability Premium you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- - Disability Living Allowance care component at the middle or higher rate
- - Personal Independence Payment daily living component at the standard or higher rate
- - Attendance Allowance or Constant Attendance Allowance
- - Armed Forces Independent Payment
- - You must also live alone and no-one must be in receipt of Carer's Allowance or the UC Care Element for looking after you.
If none of the above exceptions apply to you, you should claim Universal Credit for help towards your rent.
Choose one of the following options:-
Start a new form
Choose this option to start a new form - click on the Start button to get going
Continue a saved form
Choose this option to:
- retrieve a previously saved form
- Upload evidence to a form you have already submitted
Simply enter your reference number from last time and click Continue to carry on.